Act&Sorb is the first company to have developed a sustainable and value-adding process for re-cycling wood residues such as MDF. Using a carbonization and activation technology, wood residues waste is converted into high value activated carbon that helps provide our planet with clean air, clean water and clean soil.
How we recycle wood residues into high-value carbon
• Collection of production and end-of-life non-recyclable wood residues waste
• Waste is optimized through grinding, sieving and mixing
• Wood residues waste is converted in a coal like substance called char
• During a second burning, the char is converted into activated carbon
• Carbon is given bespoke treatment in line with customer requirements
Why is the process sustainable
• Non-recyclable wood residues waste has been successfully converted into valuable activated carbon
• Excess syngas is re-used or converted into green energy
More ways in which we add value
Cutting costs for wood furniture producers and waste collectors - The current market price for disposing of wood residues waste is up to €90 per ton. Act&Sorb will take the waste at lower costs, thereby offering a significant cost reduction of their waste stream.
Lowering the cost of making our planet cleaner - Our technology yields at least 33% more activated carbon from wood residues waste than from fresh wood. This allows us to bring high-quality activated carbon to the market at a much lower cost.
Using waste to make the world cleaner and greener
Our ambitions go beyond turning wood residues into a value-adding product. Our aim is to continue to find innovative and unique solutions for turning all non- or hard to recycle wood waste into high value raw materials and energy. In fact, our aim is to create a world where waste replaces fossil based materials.
Get more information
Do not hesitate to contact us!
Leave your contact details and we contact you at short notice.